Frequently asked questions:
What services does InLife offer?
Our dedicated team of InLife assistants offer a range of services including personal care (showering, dressing, grooming and so forth), social support (shopping assistance, social outings, assistance to access work and education) and domestic assistance (cleaning, laundry, light housework, etc).
We support clients who require routines planned by physio (or allied health), bladder and bowel care, assisted transfers and related tasks, and clients with cognitive disability.
We work hard to understand each client’s specific needs and tailor the skills and experience of our InLife assistant team accordingly.
How is InLife different?
First and foremost, we pay significantly above industry Award rates to ensure we attract the best people. We take great pride in providing a committed, exceptional team of assistants to support you.
- Have simple tools for managing your supports that a trained member of your team can run or you can manage yourself
- Pride ourselves on our flexible approach, so you can work with your team to adjust your schedule according to your own needs
- Give you a local contact you can call on to discuss any questions or concerns you may have
Contact us for a personal demonstration of how this innovative new service can work for you.
Does InLife employ workers directly?
Yes! These days, many providers set up their workers as independent contractors, to push tax compliance and other obligations onto their individual team members. InLife does not. We believe in treating our team fairly, with good rates of pay, a training and support program, and a flexible and supportive working environment.
How much does InLife cost?
Please contact us directly to discuss our prices.
What are the requirements to work with InLife?
We employ people from all walks of life. If you are reliable, have good judgement and common sense, are a good listener who is willing to learn, and are committed to improving the lives of people with disability, then InLife could be right for you.
To register with us we are looking for:
- Experience in disability or aged care services and relevant qualifications, such as a Certificate IV in disability. If you don’t have these, but can demonstrate you understand the role and are committed to improving the lives of people with disability, we are also happy to consider your application
- Contact details for two former employers, who we will call for a professional reference
- Basic first aid training, eg CPR and/or Level 2 first aid certificate. If you do not have this yet, we are happy to recommend a training provider
- A valid driver’s license and mobile phone
- A national police check within the past six months (Inlife can arrange this if you do not have it yet)
We will also conduct an in-person interview before you commence with us.
What do InLife team members earn?
We pride ourselves on paying among the best agency rates in the sector, and significantly above the industry Award. Our minimum rate for experienced team members is $31 per hour. You also receive superannuation entitlements, workers compensation insurance, public and professional indemnity insurance, and the peace of mind of an employer genuinely interested in supporting employee rights.
What training and support does InLife provide?
Our training program includes: • Induction workshops for all new employees • Supporting and encouraging our team to achieve formal qualifications where appropriate • Ongoing professional development and feedback
Are you recruiting?
Yes! We are actively hiring InLife assistants in Geelong and a number of suburbs of Melbourne, please apply on our jobs page.